Home severely damaged in west Wichita, pets killed

Firefighters battled a house fire in west Wichita Wednesday where one person suffered from smoke inhalation. (Photo courtesy KSN News)
Firefighters on the scene of a house fire in west Wichita. (Photo courtesy KSN News)

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Several fire crews were called to a house fire in west Wichita on Wednesday. It broke out in the 400 block of North Pamela Ave.

When fire crews arrived, they found heavy fire in the attic of the home. Two people inside made it outside. They suffered smoke inhalation. Both were treated on the scene. However, fire crews said several cats and dogs died as a result of the fire.

Crews said the fire started as an electrical malfunction in the corner of the garage and quickly spread.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.