Family escapes burning mobile home thanks to smoke detector

Wichita Fire Department (KSN News)

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Wichita family was able to escape a fire early Wednesday morning. It happened in the 11700 block of East Waterman around 2:45 a.m.

Fire crews found heavy flames and smoke coming from the home. Three people were able to escape thanks to a smoke detector. One person suffered smoke inhalation.

Crews said the cause of the fire originated around a space heater.

Red Cross was called to assist the family.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.