2 die in Hays mobile homes of carbon monoxide poisoning

Police lights (KSN File Photo)

HAYS, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say two people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Hays.

The Hays Post reports that the victims were found dead Friday afternoon inside a mobile home. Hays Police Chief Don Scheibler says a gas generator was found running inside the mobile home. Because the coroner has ruled the deaths accidental, officials have not released the victims’ names.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.