WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The building in which the first Pizza Hut pizzas were served out of was moved this morning.
As part of a $1.2 million dollar fundraising campaign, the 500 square foot building is being moved to the university’s new Innovation Campus.
The former Pizza Hut will be turned into a museum, complete with the trademark red roof and with memorabilia from the history of Pizza Hut, donated by co-founder Dan Carney.
The museum is expected to open in 2018.
Brothers Frank and Dan Carney founded the restaurant at what was then known as the University of Wichita in 1958.