Propane leak the cause of Butler County house explosion

Butler County crews responded to a home explosion Monday afternoon. (KSN Photo Raoul Cortez)

ROSE HILL, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities in Butler County said a propane leak caused a Butler County home to explode Monday afternoon.

The explosion happened around 3:30 p.m. in the 13000 block of Southwest 155th Street, northeast of Rose Hill.

When EMS arrived, they found 67-year-old James Horn who had been burned. He was transported to St Francis Hospital and is currently recovering in the burn unit.

KSN spoke with a long-time neighbor and friend of the husband and wife that live in the home. She was out at the scene trying to do what she could to help out.

“They are going to be overwhelmed, obviously. Like I said, it is their whole life. Their first priority is to be at the hospital.”

She said she plans to be there for the family and help out any way she can to pick up the pieces.

“As much as I can I suppose. Obviously, I don’t want to be too involved in their children as well. I can stand aside and be there for comfort.”

A gofundme page has been set up for the family.

 


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.