House fire in Mount Hope leaves 1 seriously injured

A house fire in Mount Hope has left one person seriously injured. Photo courtesy Scott Dellinger
A house fire in Reno County has left one person in serious condition. Photo courtesy Scott Dellinger

MOUNT HOPE, Kan. (KSNW) – According to authorities, the house fire in Mount Hope was likely started by a fire in a trash barrel.

The homeowner told firefighters he was burning trash when he was taken to the hospital.

Dispatchers originally said a propane explosion was a factor in the fire. according to the Reno County District 9 fire chief, there were empty propane tanks on the scene, but they were not the cause of the fire.

An update on the homeowner’s condition is not yet available.

 


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.