ANDOVER, Kan. (KSNW) – Fire crews determined the source of smoke at Andover Central High School late Wednesday morning. It was from a science experiment.
Officials evacuated students to the middle school until the smoke cleared.
“An experiment that went slightly awry, it was a non-toxic smoke that came from a science experiment and did fill the hallways so once that happened, we quickly acted and decided to evacuate the students,” said Nicole Gibbs, Andover Director of Communication.
No one was injured in the incident. Officials said school will continue for the rest of the day.