Two seriously injured in Andover house fire

Fire damaged a home in Andover Wednesday afternoon, March 8, 2017. The fire was caused by cooking in the kitchen. (Photo: KSN/Merry Murray)

ANDOVER, Kan. (KSNW) – Two people were seriously injured in a house fire in Andover Wednesday afternoon. The fire occurred in a home in the 600 block of S. Dublin shortly before 3:30 p.m.

Andover Fire dispatchers confirmed fire units were called in from Sedgwick County to help battle the blaze. When they arrived on the scene, they found the two victims outside the home. Both victims suffered serious smoke inhalation and minor burns

Officials said a cooking fire in the kitchen got out of control. Most of the damage from the fire was confined to the home’s kitchen.

A dog that was in the home also was saved.

Fire officials did not give a damage estimate caused by the blaze.