Employees evacuated after carbon monoxide leak at Yoder business

YODER, Kan. (KSNW) – Reno County authorities responded Monday afternoon to SYT USA in Yoder, due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The company is located in the 1600 block of East Wasp Road.

KSN spoke with an employee of the business, who didn’t want to go on camera.

The employee says they noticed several co-workers who appeared to be sick around noon.

A call was made to 911 and about two hours later, Reno County fire, Reno County Emergency Management and Haven EMS responded to the scene to check employees.

Reno County Dispatch reports 16 people were transported to Hutchinson Regional Medical Center.

All 16 were treated and released from the hospital.

KSN also spoke with Mike Dymond, the Chief Technology Officer with SYT.

Dymond says the cause of the carbon monoxide leak was due to a crack in the buildings heating unit.

He says that caused the carbon monoxide to leak into the building.