EL DORADO, Kan. (KSNW) – El Dorado police made 28 arrests in large drug operation. Chief Curtis Zieman said seven suspects were already in custody on unrelated charges
According to the department, the investigation began in Feb. 2015 with the majority of investigation taking place from Nov. 2015 to Feb. 2016.
“During this time, El Dorado officers and detectives made a total of 84 cases of felony warrants for 56 suspects. An additional suspect passed away before a request for prosecution was made,” said Zieman.
El Dorado Police Department’s original charging requests were as follows:
- Sale of methamphetamine: 43 counts
- Sale of methamphetamine within 1000 feet of a school: 5 counts
- Sale of prescription pills: 24 counts
- Sale of marijuana: 11 counts
- Sale of cocaine: 2 counts
- Sale of simulated controlled substance: 2 counts
- Use of a communication device to facilitate a drug sale: 5 counts
Police said some suspects will be charged with multiple violations, and the original charges may have been amended by the Butler County Attorney’s Office.
Right now, police are still actively seeking other suspects.
The Butler County Sheriff’s Department, Andover Police Department, El Dorado Police Department, Wichita Police Department, and Greenwood County Sheriff’s Department assisted in the case.