WICHITA, Kansas (KSN) — Inter-Faith Ministries is now accepting applications for help through Operation Holiday.
Each year, the organization helps up to 15,000 people, many who are the working poor, who need a little bit of assistance during the holidays. Operation Holiday provides food, blankets and coats, and works with the Marine’s Toys for Tots to provide gifts for children.
If you know someone who needs assistance, see the guidelines and application locations below.
2016 Application Dates
Operation Holiday will accept applications at all sites November 7 through November 22, 2016. Applications will be accepted at the Inter-Faith Ministries site only through December 2.
Some sites will be closed November 11 in honor of Veterans Day or during the week of Thanksgiving. Please check dates and times of the application site nearest to you.
- Be 18 years or older. Emancipated teens age 17 may apply, but must bring court documents.
- Be a member of the applying household (only one application per household).
- Confirm their household has not submitted applications to another holiday program.
- Live in Sedgwick County or surrounding areas.
- Be prepared to choose a date and time for distribution.
Applicants must bring:
- Proof of identification (photo I.D.)
- Proof of address (i.e., bill or letter postmarked in the past 30 days)
- Social security numbers or proof of identification for every member in the family (including children)
- Birth date for all family members
- Proof of income for all members of the household for past two months (September and October)
- Telephone or message number
2016 Application Sites:
INCOME GUIDELINES for 2016
Household Size Maximum monthly gross income Maximum two-month gross income
One $1,600 $3,200
Two 2,000 4,000
Three 2,400 4,800
Four 2,800 5,600
Five 3,200 6,400
Six 3,600 7,200
Seven 4,200 8,400
Eight 4,600 9,200
Nine 5,000 10,000
For each additional family member add $400.
Operation Holiday distribution will be December 15, 16 and 17. The Distribution Center location will be at 1802 W. 2nd, near 2nd and Vine.
If you need to authorize someone else to pick up your Operation Holiday benefits at distribution, download and complete the Proxy Authorization Form. Please note, the person who comes to pick up your benefits will need to have a photo copy of your photo ID and bring their own photo ID with them to distribution.
- Households may apply for holiday assistance from either Inter-Faith Ministries’ Operation Holiday program or Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program. Applicants will not receive holiday assistance from both. Please make sure your household applies to only one holiday assistance program.
- Application must be completed in person
- Applicants are helped on a first-come, first-served basis
- Select sites will be available to assist Spanish-speaking applicants
RELATED LINK: Operation Holiday