The Wichita Police Department wants everyone to have an enjoyable and safe trick-or-treat night. Here are some tips to make sure everyone stays safe.
1. Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
2. Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
3. Put electronic devices down and keep heads up ans walk, don’t run, across the street.
4. Always walk on sidewalks or paths.
5. Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers, and if possible, chose light colors.
6. Have kids carry glow sticks for flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
7. Drivers – slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
8. Drivers – Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
9. Drivers – Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
10. Drivers – Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.