ANDOVER, Kan. (KSNW) – A gas leak in Andover forced business evacuations for a short time Wednesday afternoon. It happened at Kellogg and Andover Road.
A natural gas leak occurred at the northwest corner of the intersection after a company hit a four-inch natural gas line.
“We had a company that was boring a utility line under the roadway here on this side of the roadway at Andover Road and Kellogg,” said Jim Schmidt, Butler County Emergency Management Director.
Traffic was allowed through the area, but some businesses, including the Applebee’s, Kwik Shop, and strip mall, were evacuated as a precaution. It took about an hour or so to get leak stopped.
“The good thing is all these utility folks know when they hit something like that they immediately make the 911 call,” said Schmidt.