- CEO and Founder of Sistahs Can We Talk, a non-profit organization that equips women today for a better tomorrow
- Co-owner with husband William of BaM Group, LLC, a conglomerate that serves the community through rental management as well as business consultation
- Recently retired from Wichita Public Schools after almost 20 years of teaching
- BS in Elementary Education, a MA with an emphasis in History, and a Doctorate of Christian Counseling with an emphasis in Education
- Served in ministry with husband, Michael, for the pastor 25 years, very involved in her church, many community organizations that promote the uplifting of youth and young adults
- Author, “Help Along the Journey” and “Stop the Merry-go-round I want to get off”
Michelle and William, her husband of 25 years, are the proud parents of Brandon and Brianna both of whom are attending college. She has recently taken on Image Coaching.
What is your plan to deal with the Kansas Budget?
We have to go back to pre-Brownback formulas to get ourselves back on track. Then we will have to make necessary adjustments for the increases in cost from 2012 to 2017.
What kind of changes do you support in rewriting the school funding formula? Do you support additional funding for Kansas schools?
In order to adequately fund schools, we have to have enough money in the general budget so, it is imperative to balance the overall budget. We will not be able to increase spending until we have money. The block grant formula will need to be eliminated to help rebuild a foundation upon which we can create a new plan that works for the various types and sizes of districts we have in Kansas.
What is your number one priority for the upcoming legislative session and how do you plan to address it?
Entrepreneurial education and attracting business to Kansas to help our lagging economy.
WEBSITE | Vann for Senate