WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police said on Wednesday that there has been a spike of trailer thefts across the city. This year in Wichita, there have been 228 trailers stolen.
The department said there are several tips to safeguard your trailer from being stolen.
Here is the list they provided:
- Use a trailer hitch lock
- Park in a locked garage, secure facility, or well-lit fenced in area
- Park trailer to where hitch is hard-to-reach
- Use a high quality chain and lock trailer to a tree or another object
- Park another car in front of the trailer
- Document the trailer by taking pictures and writing down numbers
- Install a tracking device on the trailer
- Use a tire boot to keep the trailer secure