WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities are investigating after a second-hand bomb threat was called into Cessna.
The threat was phoned in Thursday morning around 8:30 at the Prospect Building in the 6600 block of West Cessna Boulevard.
Deputies say a caller reported overhearing a conversation about a possible bomb threat. More than a 100 people were evacuated.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office and Cessna both said they take these threats very seriously.
“Anytime someone indicates there may be danger to a particular facility because of an explosive, whether it’s something they overheard or something that they are threatening to do personally, then yes, we will take that seriously,” said Lt. Lin Dehning.
We can confirm a threat was made and the authorities are onsite. The affected building has been evacuated.
The safety and well-being of our employees is always our top concern.
We have no further information at this time.”
Deputies searched the building and found nothing suspicious.
Back in November of last year, the building was also evacuated after a threat was called in.
KSN News has a crew gathering more information.