Couple die from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

The men were using gas powered generators while working inside a home.

Police Lights
Police lights (KSN File Photo)

CARBONDALE, Kan. (KSNW) – Two people died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a small town south of Topeka Saturday.

Osage County Sheriff Laurie Dunn said in a news release the couple, identified as 54-year-old Gregory K. Bayless and a woman, 51-year-old Troy Adkins of Topeka, were using gas powered generators while working inside a home. There was no electricity to the house.

Dunn said it appears Adkins and Bayless may have died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Final results on an autopsy of the two me could take up to eight weeks, Dunn said.

Carbondale Kansas

Comments are closed.