‘Property Brothers’ star avoids charges in bar incident

FILE - In this Oct. 14, 2014, file photo, Jonathan Scott, left, and Drew Scott, of HGTV's "Property Brothers" cable television show, mimic traders as they visit the post that handles Scripps Networks Interactive, on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange in New York. Authorities in North Dakota declined to file charges against Jonathan Scott over an April 24, 2016, incident at a Fargo bar. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Authorities say no charges will be filed against one of the twin brother stars of HGTV’s “Property Brothers” following an incident at a North Dakota bar.

According to a police report, Jonathan Scott repeatedly refused to leave the Fargo bar at closing time early on the morning of April 24. A bar staffer told police that Scott said, “do you know who I am?” when asked to hand over his drink.

Security camera footage shows Scott resisting bar staff while being escorted out. The video shows Scott returning before being physically removed again.

Scott reported the encounter to police and told them he had been put in a chokehold.

Fargo City Attorney Erik Johnson tells The Associated Press there’s not enough evidence to establish a crime.

Scott’s publicist hasn’t returned a request for comment.

Comments are closed.