SALINA, Kansas – One person was rescued from inside a burning garage in Salina Saturday afternoon.
KSN’s media partner KSAL reports the fire occurred in a home in the 2000 block of Harold about 2:15 p.m.
Salina Fire Department Acting Battalion Chief Kirk Stover said smoke and flames were visible when fire crews first arrived on the scene.
Stover said firefighters were able to rescue one person from inside the home’s attached garage. The victim was taken by ambulance to Salina Regional Health Center.
Stover said while the fire was mostly contained to the garage, there was damage throughout the home as well.
No firefighters were injured.
The victim’s name and condition were not available.