Man gets more than 25 years in prison for Wichita home invasion

Dallas Clayborn. (Photo courtesy Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office)

WICHITA, Kansas – A Wichita man was sentenced to more than 25 years in prison Thursday for a home invasion in 2015.

District Attorney Marc Bennett said in a news release Sedgwick County District Court Judge Joe Kisner sentenced 21-year-old Dallas Clayborn to 308 months in prison for a January 2015 burglary of a residence in the 3800 block E. Funston.

Clayborn and two other men broke into the home armed with weapons and duct-taped a 64-year-old man and held a 45-year-old woman and three-year-old boy at gunpoint while ransacking the home. A 6-year-old child who also was present slept through the incident.

Clayborn was convicted in February on two counts of aggravated robbery and one count of aggravated burglary.

Bennett said Wichita police detectives were able to identify Clayborn based on a DNA match recovered from a roll of duct tape left in the home. Security video recovered from Walmart also showed Clayborn using the credit cards belonging to the victims within hours of the robbery. This case was ordered to run consecutive to the 130 month sentence previously imposed for an attempted aggravated robbery committed by Clayborn in 2014.

Comments are closed.