SALINA, Kansas – The Great Bend swim team is facing another sex crime allegation according to KSAL. Saline County authorities are investigating an alleged sex assault involving the boy’s swim team.
Sheriff Captain Roger Soldan says that an alleged sex assault happened on a bus as the team was driving home from a swim meet at Salina South High School on February 3rd.
According to Soldan, the team ate at a Wendy’s restaurant following the meet. After leaving the restaurant to head back to Great Bend, a 15-year-old was the victim of a “sexually-related assault” on the bus. The alleged assault happened between 7:05 and 7:10 as the bus was traveling in rural Saline County.
Soldan says that there is only person accused in the incident.
The 15-year-old, accompanied by a parent, reported the alleged crime on Saturday in Salina.
The allegation is the second involving the team. Another alleged sexual assault happened on a bus carrying the team on February 6th as it was returning home from a meet in Manhattan. That alleged assault occurred in Ellsworth County, and is being investigated by authorities there.
RELATED STORIES | Great Bend school bus assault investigation
- Ellsworth County Sheriff investigating Great Bend school bus incident
- Investigation continues into Great Bend school ‘hazing’ incident
- Protest planned at Great Bend BOE meeting
- Great Bend school superintendent addresses school bus incident
- Mother reacts to Great Bend superintendent’s statements after school bus incident
- Three students arrested after protesting district’s response to assault
- Community still asking questions after Great Bend bus incident