Video shows hoverboard catch fire inside mall

Video showing hoverboard catching fire inside mall near Seattle. (Photo courtesy NBC News)

SEATTLE, WA (NBC) – A mall near Seattle, Washington was evacuated Tuesday after a unexpected fire broke out.

A hover board inside the mall burst into flames and the incident was caught on a cell-phone camera.

A mall employee quickly doused the flames with a fire extinguisher, but the smoke triggered fire alarms and forced officials to temporarily evacuate the Outlet Collection Mall.

Recently, the National Association of State Fire Marshals issued an advisory about the two-wheeled riding boards.  The alert says consumers should research the scooter to be sure it complies with inspection standards.

Comments are closed.