WICHITA, Kansas – Riding an undefeated streak that dates back to 2010, the Bishop Carroll softball team is named this year’s National Softball Champions by MaxPreps.
The Golden Eagles won all 25 of their games this season including a fifth consecutive state title.
Six Carroll players batted over .550, fourteen players hit over .300, and the team’s top hitter Brittany Finney batted .774.
At least nineteen of the Golden Eagles victories this year were run-rule wins, including the 10-0 state championship victory over Blue Valley West.
Carroll will reportedly only lose three seniors, but return a dozen players.
Finney is heading to Oklahoma to play for the Sooners.
Here are the Top 10 teams on the final MaxPreps Xcellent 50 National Softball Rankings for the 2015 season:
1. Bishop Carroll (Wichita, KS) 25-0
2. Yucaipa (California) 31-3
3. Mission Viejo (California) 31-1
4. McCracken County (Paducah, Kentucky) 37-3
5. Aledo (Texas) 23-1
6. Sherwood (Sandy Spring, Maryland) 22-0
7. Southington (Connecticut) 24-0
8. Washington Township (Sewell, N.J.) 31-1
9. Parkland (Allentown, Pennsylvania) 29-1
10. Eagle (Idaho) 30-1