NEW YORK (AP) — It’s an eventful time for Kim Kardashian: A new baby coming, a huge transition for her stepfather, and now a fire emergency, with none other than Pharrell and his wife to the rescue.
Kardashian reported on social media Tuesday that her dress caught fire following the Council of Fashion Designers of America awards Monday night.
“Shout out to Pharrell & Helen who saved my life last night!” she wrote on Instagram, repeating the message on Twitter and Facebook. “LOL After the awards at dinner the feathers of my dress caught on fire from a candle & they jumped on me to get it out!”
Kardashian and husband Kanye West were both at the glittery awards ceremony — tantamount to fashion’s Oscars — as presenters. West presented Pharrell with the CFDA’s Fashion Icon award, and Kardashian presented Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom with the media award.
The ceremony took place at New York’s Lincoln Center. Kardashian did not specify if the fire incident happened there or elsewhere in the city.