Child dies in Belleville house fire

KSN News (file)
KSN News

BELLEVILLE, Kansas – A child has died in a house fire in north-central Kansas. It happened early Monday morning in Belleville.

According to Republic County Emergency Management Coordinator Raymond Raney, the fire started in a home in the 700 block of 23rd Street around 8:30 a.m.

The fire began in the basement and spread. Two children under the ages of 5 years old were found in the home. The youngest died. There is no word on condition of the other child.

The Kansas State Fire Marshall has been called to investigate.

Comments are closed.