Fire causes over $1.7 million in damage to AirGas

Fire at Airgas on South West Street in Wichita, January 12, 2015. (KSN Photo / Brian Miller)

WICHITA, Kansas – A fire on Monday caused nearly $1.7 million dollars in damage to AirGas. The fire broke out around 2 p.m. near Harry and South West Street.

When firefighters arrived on scene, heavy smoke could be seen. Within minutes, flames became visible. Crews were able to get the fire under control in about an hour.

So far, investigators have not determined what sparked the fire, but contractors were working on the roof when the fire broke out.

The fire caused $200,000 damage to building and $1.5 million to contents inside according to fire officials.

Comments are closed.