WICHITA, Kansas – Each year Operation Holiday provides food, winter clothes and blankets to thousands of qualifying families and individuals.
Without the help of the generous Wichita-area community, many families would go without the basics. That’s why KSN is partnering with Operation Holiday to make sure families have the basics.
Operating since 1961, Operation Holiday helped 11,706 people in 2013. Kids under 14 receive gifts through a partnership with the Marines’ Toys for Tots program. Operation Holiday has also launched the Teen2Teen program designed to provide gifts to teens 15 through 17 years old.
Operation Holiday works with other area charities to ensure that families receive help from only one holiday group each year, so that the community’s donations can be spread to all those that need help.
Can you help a family or individual in need?
KSN and Inter-Faith Ministries are joining together to collect non-perishable food, food vouchers, winter wear, blankets, and gifts to help those in our community who need a helping hand this holiday season.
Congregations, businesses and organizations are invited to organize donation drives among their members. Operation Holiday relies heavily on volunteer-led donation drives to collect cash, non-perishable food, teen gifts, and winter wear to serve the people of this community.
Donation Drive Needs
- Click here to see our food box wish list for a family of four.
- Teens need gifts too! The Teen2Teen program provides gifts to recipients ages 15 – 17.
- Also needed: Cash, new blankets, and new or gently-used coats, hats, mittens, and scarvesOrganizations interested in hosting drives may contact Kathleen by calling 264-9303 or e-mail email@example.com.
Community Drop-off Sites:
Drop off your donations at the Operation Holiday Distribution Center (6225 E. Kellogg Dr. S.) or one of our sponsors’ locations:
Wells Fargo, In The Bag Cleaners, Dillons Food Stores (starting Dec. 2)
In 2013, more than 1,700 volunteers helped to make Operation Holiday a success. You’re invited to join the 2014 Operation Holiday program as it makes the holidays brighter for nearly 6,000 families.
Learn about Operation Holiday volunteer opportunities. All Distribution-Day volunteer positions are available. Thank you!
To download a volunteer application, click here.
Watch IFM’s Facebook page for Operation Holiday volunteer updates and events!
Do you need help this holiday season?
Operation Holiday will accept applications November 10th through November 26th, 2014.
Some sites will be closed November 11th honor of Veterans Day or during the week of Thanksgiving. Please check dates and times of the application site nearest to you.
2014 Application Sites:
Click here for a list of application sites and hours.
- Application must be completed in person
- Applicants are helped first-come, first-served basis
- Applicants will only be served by one holiday assistance program
- Select sites will be available to assist Spanish-speaking applicants
Operation Holiday distribution will be December 18, 19, and 20. The Distribution Center is located at 6225 E. Kellogg Dr. S. in the old Davis-Moore building. Take the Oliver exit.
2014 Eligibility Guidelines
- Be 18 years or older. Emancipated teens age 17 may apply – bring court documents
- Be a member of the applying household –only one application per household
- Confirm their household has not submitted applications to another holiday program
- Live in Sedgwick County or surrounding areas
Applicants must bring:
- Proof of identification (photo I.D.)
- Proof of address (i.e., bill or letter postmarked in the past 30 days)
- Social security numbers or proof of identification for every member in the family (including children)
- Birth date for all family members
- Proof of income for all members of the household for past two months (September & October)
- Telephone or message numberPlease be prepared to choose a date and time for distribution
If you have questions call Inter-Faith Ministries at 316-264-9303 or send an email.