Today’s recipe comes from Lean Barnhard of Congregation Emanu-El. Join us Sunday, November 9th for Congregation Emanu-El Deli Day.
1 Cup sugar
½ Cup solid Crisco
½ Cup liquid vegtable oil
4 Cups flour
3 teas. Baking powder
- Beat 4 eggs and sugar until fluffy, approx 2-3 minutes.
- Add solid and liquid oils, mixing well
- Add flour and baking powder to mixture, mix well, batter will be thick.
- Options: can mix ½ cup of chopped pecans or 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, options are limitless.
- Shape batter into 6 loaves
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Bake 350* for 25-30 minutes.
- Slice and return to oven after sprinkling again with cinnamon and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Turn and toast on the other side and sprinkle again with cinnamon and sugar and bake for 10 more minutes.