Today’s recipes are adapted by Olio’s Market from Food Network, What’s Gabby Cooking
Panzanella (Tuscan Bread and Tomato Salad)
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2003
- 4 large vine ripened tomatoes, cut into large cubes or wedges
- 1/2 pound stale country-style Italian bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cupOlio’s Market Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olio’s Market Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed, washed and spun dry, torn into pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, bread, and onions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and oil. Pour the dressing over the bread salad and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Add the basil and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Serve.
Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten
Total Time:45 min
- 4 pints (8 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced thick
- 5 tablespoonsOlio’s Market Traditionalbalsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving
Thirty minutes to an hour before serving, combine the strawberries, Traditional balsamic vinegar, sugar, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
Place a serving of the strawberries in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream on top.
Optional: dust lightly with lemon zest.
Blood Orange Brownies
Recipe courtesy Olio’s Market
- 1 box of brownie mix (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, Ghiradelli, etc whichever you prefer)
- Substitute one for one Olio’s Market Blood Orange Olive Oil for the vegetable oil called for from the brownie mix.
- Follow the instructions on the box
Put the Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar on top of the brownies and drizzle Olio’s Market Espresso Balsamic
Vinegar on top of the ice cream for a decedent dessert!
White Balsamic Soda
You can use any kind of water (Mineral, Club Soda, Sparkling, even filtered water)
- 12 oz of Water
- 1/8 cup Olio’s Market Flavored White Balsamic Vinegar (Cranberry Pear, Peach, Pomegranate-Quince, Cara Cara Orange Vanilla, Sicilian Lemon)
- Add more or use less vinegar to taste
Balsamic Lemonade + Vodka Cocktail
Recipe adapted from What’s Gaby Cooking
- 10 Lemons, juiced, approx. 1 cup of lemon juice
- ¾ cup of super fine sugar, or use Splenda
- 4 cups of water
- 1 – 2 tsp of Olio’s Market Traditional Balsamic Vinegar ( start with 1 tsp to test, add more if desired)
- 1 Cup of Vodka (optional)
Combine the lemon juice, sugar and water in a large pitcher an mix to combine. Add the balsamic vinegar and taste. Adjust amount of balsamic vinegar if needed. Add the vodka and stir