ARKANSAS CITY, Kansas (AP) – Police in a southern Kansas community say a 34-year-old man was electrocuted when a boom on a truck touched an overhead power line.
The accident happened Monday morning at the Arkansas City headquarters of KanPak, an international maker of cold and frozen beverages, containers and dispensers.
The Arkansas City Traveler reports the man worked for a local concrete company involved in KanPak’s ongoing expansion project.
Police said a boom that delivers cement from a concrete truck touched a power line. The worker was in contact with the truck when it became energized.
The man’s name has not been released. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.