Fire crews respond to two-alarm fire at Whiskey Dick’s

WICHITA, Kansas – Wichita fire crews say a fire at a bar Monday morning was caused by arcing wires.

It broke out around 11:30 a.m. at Whiskey Dick’s Bar and Grill in the 800 block of South Seneca.

When crews arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the building.

No one was at the bar when the fire broke out.

KSN talked to the owner shortly after he arrived on the scene.

“I didn’t see any smoke. I was thinking that it was small, but I could tell looking through the door it is pretty much a total loss,” said John Dwire, Whiskey Dicks owner.

“Significant damage to the first floor around the bar and kitchen area. It looks like the inventory will be a complete loss,” said Battalion Chief John Turner, Wichita Fire Department.

Seneca south of Kellogg was blocked as crews battled the blaze.

The fire caused about $100,000 in damage to the structure and contents.

photo

blog comments powered by Disqus