- Contractor, Textron Aviation, Flight Test Engineering
- 23 years local aviation experience including KC-135, KC-46 AF Tanker, Biz Jets
- Small business owner – Photography
- Friends University (B.S. — Organizational Management), Southern Illinois University (B.S. — Industrial Technology)
- A.S. Degree – Air Force (Avionics Systems)
- Republican Precinct Committeeman (DB11) 2010 to present
- Kansas State Representative District 82, Derby (2011-2012), Dist. 81, N. Derby, SE Wichita (2013 to present), member, vice chair, or chair of several legislative committees
- Air Force Veteran 1987 to 1991, Served in Desert Shield/Storm, Promoted “Below the Zone”, Commendation Medal Member – Friends of McConnell, American Legion, VFW
Married to Leah, 24 Years, 5 children.
Campaign Website: Jim Howell
What specific Sedgwick County issue do you think deserves your immediate attention and how to you plan to address it?
Two items need immediate attention. My first priority is the reopening of Judge Riddel Boys Ranch. I will continue to find ways to bring the needed services for these boys just as I have these last two years. Now that the needed solution (HB2588) is in place, we can save JRBR. My second priority is to meet with current local business owners throughout the county to identify and reduce county bureaucratic barriers that dampen economic growth.
How do you propose to grow the Sedgwick County economy?
We need to reduce the burden of government and focus on our core county government functions to reduce unnecessary regulations while confirming why and how we manage this county. If we can eliminate unnecessary costs and drive towards more efficient use of taxpayer dollars, this will encourage growth and incentivize job creation. Providing focused attention on all district five businesses, listening to their needs, and working with them to enable them to be more successful is the key to good government. I am committed to doing just these things at the county level as I have as a local state representative.