WICHITA, Kansas – Wichita Park & Recreation officials on Tuesday announced that Boston Pool will close for the remainder of the summer season for repairs.
“Its very unfortunate that we’ve had to close it early before the season has ended because we had a major break in a pipe,” said Marty Miller Interim Parks and Recreation Director. “The pipe carries the water from the main drain at the bottom of the pool to the filtering system. With out that pipe, we cant keep up; life guards wouldn’t be able to do their job and besides that the water wouldn’t be filtered like it should be and its not going to be clean as it normally is.”
Miller says the city isn’t sure how much it will cost to repair the pool just yet and are in the process of ordering parts for repairs and upgrades.”
“They’re going to lose a lot of business,” said resident Adrena White. “The kids and everybody are going to suffer. I don’t know where they’re going to go, its going to be very disappointing.”
Classes and camps held at the southeast Wichita pool will be transferred to the McAdams Recreation Center complex and pool.
Officials said the classes include aqua Zumba sessions, and participants are being notified of the location change.
Park and Recreation officials also are working with Boston patrons to address transportation needs at McAdams, located at 1556 N. Ohio.
Other City pools that will remain open until Aug. 3 are:
- Evergreen, 2700 N. Woodland, 1-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday
- Linwood, 1900 S. Hydraulic, 1-6 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Mc Adams, 1556 N. Ohio, 1-6 p.m. Tuesday- Friday
- Minisa, 1350 N. Jeanette, 1-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 1-6 p.m. Sunday
- Orchard, 1062 N. Clara, 1-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday
Pools that will remain open until Aug. 10 are:
- College Hill, 304 S. Circle Dr, 1-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 1- 6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Harvest, 9500 W. Provincial, 1-6 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday
- Aley, 1800 S. Seneca, 1-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday