Wichita restaurant Stroud’s caught ablaze

WICHITA, Kansas – Stroud’s Restaurant and Bar caught fire late Wednesday night.

The call came in shortly after 10 p.m. as crews reported seeing flames coming from the roof.

The fire was put out within 10 minutes and firefighters believe it was started by grease.

There is also substantial damage to the inside of the restaurant and the building’s roof.

Crews remained on the scene much of the night, making sure the fire didn’t reignite.

KSN talked to the owner of Stroud’s Thursday morning.

He hopes to reopen the restaurant in about three weeks.

He plans to update the progress on the restaurant’s Facebook account.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus