WICHITA, Kansas – Wichita leaders are holding six open-house meetings this month as part of the “Building a Better Future” initiative.
The City Council scheduled the events to get public opinion on a proposed sales tax. The revenue would be targeted to four priorities: water supply, a jobs initiative, public transit and pavement maintenance.
Residents will get an overview of the tax proposal and can visit information stations to discuss specific plans for each priority.
The meetings begin tonight and are scattered throughout the rest of the month at several locations.
All meetings start at 6:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• June 17 – District V – Avita Senior Living at Rolling Hills, 629 S. Maize
• June 18 – District VI – Evergreen Recreation Center, 2700 N. Woodland
• June 23 – District I – Boys and Girls Club of South Central Kansas, 2400 N. Opportunity Dr.
• June 24 – District IV – Osage Recreation Center, 2121 W. 31st St. South
• June 26 – District II – Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 1958 N. Webb Rd.
• June 30 – District III – WATER Center, 101 E. Pawnee St.