Man hospitalized after apartment fire

Eagle Creek Apartments (KSN Photo)
Eagle Creek Apartments (KSN Photo)

WICHITA, Kansas – A Wichita man is in critical condition after his apartment caught fire early Friday morning.

Around 1:24 a.m., crews were called out to Eagle Creek Apartments on East Lincoln near Webb Road.

Battalion Chief Joe Bickle says a neighbor saw smoke coming from the apartment.

Firefighters found a man inside a bedroom over come by smoke.

He was taken to Via Christi for smoke inhalation.

Bickle says careless smoking is to blame, setting a recliner in the living room on fire and spreading smoke through out the apartment.

Firefighters were able to prevent flames from spreading to other units.

The fire caused up to $15,000 in damages. No one else was hurt.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus