One person critically injured in fire

WICHITA, Kansas – Wichita fire crews responded to the 900 block of North Market Tuesday morning after a fire.

It broke out just after 8:30 a.m.

Firefighters found a man in bed with what they call critical injuries from smoke inhalation.

While investigators are looking into just how the fire started, they believe the fire involved a chair inside the apartment.

“We did confine it to the first floor apartment but had smoke damage throughout the building,” said Battalion Chief John Turner, Wichita Fire Department.

Emergency crews stabilized the patient before taking him to Via Christi St. Francis Hospital.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus