Family of girl who was shocked in Salina suing for $10.5 million

Jayden Hicks (KSN File Photo)
Jayden Hicks (KSN File Photo)

SALINA, Kansas – The family of the Salina girl, who died after being shocked while playing in the rain, is suing the city for $10.5 million.

11-year-old Jayden Hicks died in December of complications after she fell on an electrical box and was shocked while playing in the rain last May.

The suit alleges, the box was not properly grounded.

The family is also suing Hope Electrical Products, the New Jersey company that made the electrical box.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus