Hays house fire ruled accidental

Fire (KSN File Photo)
Fire (KSN File Photo)

HAYS, Kansas – A fire early Monday morning at a Hays home has been ruled accidental.

It broke out at 3502 Fairway Drive.

Investigators say the fire originated inside the attached garage and spread from there into the attic.

Those inside were able to escape thanks to a smoke alarm.

Hays firefighters will assist residents in the installation of smoke alarms.

Through the generosity of Walmart, a number of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are available to be installed at no-cost for those persons on fixed incomes or who otherwise cannot afford it.

For more, call the City of Hays Fire Department at 785-628-7330.

blog comments powered by Disqus