News Director, Executive Producer
Are you the leader in your market- always getting the exclusive? Are you the kind of reporter who doesn’t take “NO COMMENT” for an answer? Do you roll your eyes at people in your newsroom who get assigned a story, make one phone call and sit and wait for it to be returned? Then we want to hear from you!
We’re an aggressive station, looking to add a reporter who knows their stuff! Someone who wants to hold city leaders accountable, and knows how to find the information from sources. Experience with investigative and in-depth reporting is a must for this position.
- Gather information for newscast presentation with accurate information of interest to our viewers.
- Develop story ideas to present at daily planning meetings.
- Review background information and conduct interview in a courteous and professional manner.
- Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
- Interact with all facets of the community to gather information and cultivate news sources.
- Represent the station at community events in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills, both for TV broadcast writing and online content.
- Proficiency in newsroom computer systems.
- Ability to shoot and edit stories for broadcast is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and moderate to high stress and deadline pressure, while keeping a strong attention to detail.
- Produce content for all of KSN’s digital platforms.
- College degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- Two — three years experience as TV reporter.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs of equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Send resume and links to email@example.com
Or mail resume and reel to:
833 N. Main
Wichita, KS 67203
KSNW-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES APPLICATIONS FROM MINORITY & WOMEN’S GROUPS.