Wis. residents treated for gas poisoning

JANESVILLE, Wis. (AP) — Firefighters say eight people in Janesville have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning since Saturday.

The Janesville Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/IE7yUt ) the most recent call came at 4:30 a.m. Monday. Dean Latka called for help after his wife woke up complaining she was hot and had a headache. He woke up the couple’s daughter and son, who both complained of headaches as well. Latka got them out of the house and called firefighters.

All four of them were taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital, where they took oxygen for several hours before being released.

Janesville Fire Department Lt. Kent Shea says people should install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of their homes and have their furnaces checked annually.


Information from: The Janesville Gazette, http://www.gazetteextra.com

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus