Minn. toddler in ND hospital for biting detergent

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who bit into a Tide detergent pod is being treated for poisoning at a North Dakota hospital.

Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., turned 1 last week. He was flown to Sanford’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo over the weekend.

Family members told KVLY-TV (http://bit.ly/GAam3L) that Alexander thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe. A hospital spokesman said Wednesday that Alexander was in critical condition but improving.

Alex’s mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, tells KVLY that Tide should change the look of its pod. Tide said in a statement it’s working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.

___

Information from: KVLY-TV, http://www.valleynewslive.tv

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus