BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts health officials say a Boston-area woman is the third person confirmed with mosquito-borne West Nile virus this summer.
The health department said Friday that the Suffolk County resident in her 60s was hospitalized but has been discharged.
Health officials said in August that a Norfolk County man in his 30s and a Plymouth County man in his 70s had the illness.
There were 33 West Nile cases in the state last year, and at least one death.
The only confirmed case of Eastern equine encephalitis this year was a Weymouth woman in her 80s who died in August. There were seven cases last year, and at least two deaths.
Officials are urging precautions against mosquitoes until the first overnight hard frost.