WICHITA, Kansas – Wichita fire crews say a two-alarm fire at the Northpark Apartments at 2801 North Rock Road appears to be electrical.
It broke out just before 4:30 p.m. in building 2200.
Smoke was showing from one of the apartments.
Crews were able to get the fire under control within about an hour.
Eight apartments inside the apartment were affected.
There were no injures.
“I cried all the way here, I drove from Mulvane. I was in tears like half the way here because I had no idea what was going on,” said Jessica Johnston, apartment resident.
Fire crews determined the fire started in a chimney chase and spread to the roof.
The cause was electrical.
Damage to the structure and contents is estimated at $300,000.