[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=3x2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1378406123&height=400&page_count=5&pf_id=9623&show_title=1&va_id=4293622&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=400 div_id=videoplayer-1378406123 type=script]
Today’s recipes come from Karen Alt of the DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport.
1 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
½ cups Sugar
2 cups Cake Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
¼ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the batter and mix completely. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until golden brown.
Paired with Long Strange Tripel & Belgian Tripel (Smokestack Series) from Boulevard Brewery.
2 Bananas, ripe, sliced ½” thick
1 oz. Butter
1 cup Sugar
3 Tbsp. Water
½ cup Heavy Cream
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water over high heat. Brush sides of pan with water or prevent sugar from crystalizing.
- When sugar comes to a boil, watch for the color to change to amber.
- Carefully add heavy cream and whisk to incorporate.
- Strain caramel sauce through a fine sieve to remove any lumps that may have occurred (reserve and set aside).
- In a sauté pan, add the butter and melt. Add bananas and stir for about 30 seconds. Add caramel sauce, bring to a simmer and take off heat.
Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Yield: 24 oz.
2 cups Heavy Cream
4 Egg Yolks
¼ cup granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 ¼ cups caramel sauce
- Heat heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until almost boiling. Temper into egg yolks. Pour back into sauce pan. Whisk constantly until slightly thickened.
- Pour into a bowl over a water bath. Whisk caramel sauce into egg/cream mixture.
- When cool, strain into a pitcher.
- Churn in ice cream machine until ready (frozen).