[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=3x2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1377251105&height=400&page_count=5&pf_id=9623&show_title=1&va_id=4239575&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=400 div_id=videoplayer-1377251105 type=script]
WICHITA, Kansas – A fire that left a west Wichita home unlivable has been ruled accidental.
Fire crews were called to the house in the 1800 block of W. Irving around Midnight.
When they arrived, they found heavy flames coming up from the house’s roof. They tried fighting the fire from the inside, but it was too hot and they had to pull back knocking it down from outside.
There were two people inside the home when the fire started. Two adults and two children were in a trailer just outside. Everyone got out of the house safely. An elderly person was taken to the hospital with a medical condition, but it wasn’t related to the fire.
Unfortunately, two cats and a dog were stuck inside and were killed by the fire.
Investigators say the fire did $60,000 worth of damage to the home and another $30,000 to the contents.
The cause of the fire was traced back to an overloaded power strip in a bedroom.