College Hill fire cause officially determined

College Hill Elementary Fire

[lin_video src=http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/player.js?aspect_ratio=3×2&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&div_id=videoplayer-1377211470&height=400&page_count=5&pf_id=9623&show_title=1&va_id=4238622&width=640&windows=2 service=syndicaster width=640 height=400 div_id=videoplayer-1377211470 type=script]

WICHITA, Kansas – A fire that caused $400,000 in damage to College Hill Elementary on August 12 has been determined.

The fire originated in an upstairs closet where there was a small fridge and microwave.

Fire officials say they aren’t for sure which appliance started the fire.

Most of the fire damage was contained to the closet area with smoke and water damage to other parts of the school.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus