Dog credited with saving owner from Kansas fire

WAMEGO, Kansas (AP) – A dog is credited with saving its owner from a northeast Kansas house fire that authorities are investigating as arson.

The fire happened before dawn Friday in Wamego. The home’s sole occupant says that after being awoken by the dog, he heard the sound of the smoke detectors. The man managed to exit through the smoke, but the dog died.

Officials from the Kansas State Fire Marshal’s Office and local fire personnel say it appears the fire started on the front porch. That’s why the fire is being investigated as an aggravated arson.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus