Camper dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

CRESAPTOWN, Md. (AP) — The Allegany County Sheriff’s Department says a camper at the fairgrounds in Cresaptown has died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Deputies say 75-year-old William E. Miller of Windber, Pa., was pronounced dead Thursday morning at his RV. His wife, 76-year-old, Ruth L. Miller, was taken to a hospital in Cumberland.

Officials say the Millers started a gas generator near the rear of their RV shortly before going to sleep Wednesday night. Deputies say the generator was only several feet from the recreation vehicle, with its exhaust pointing toward the RV.

Officials say the couple fell asleep with the generator running, and exhaust fumes entered the RV.

The couple was discovered Thursday morning.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus