Elton John recovering after having appendix out

LONDON (AP) — Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

The musician’s publicist says John had the surgery last week at Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, near his home in the south of France.

Last month the musician canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

He said at the time that his infected appendix had been “a ticking time bomb.”

He was treated with antibiotics and his publicist said Monday the appendix has been removed.

In a statement on his official website last week, John said the many get-well cards and messages he’d received from fans “have touched me deeply.”

The 66-year-old musician is expected to perform in London Sept. 2, when he receives the Brits Icon Award.

KSN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language, racial slurs or consistent name calling will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus